About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Raw vegan brownies (only 4 ingredients)

Image
These brownies are my go-to snack when I have my sweet tooth head on. With only 4 ingredients they are super quick to make and ready to eat in only 60 minutes. Oh and did I mention they are crazy good too?
I use medjool dates as they are extra sweet with a yummy caramel like taste.  A fantastic source of fibre they also contain potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese. Packed full of nutrients a regular addition of pecan nuts in the diet help decrease LDL "bad cholesterol" and increase HDL "good cholesterol" levels in the blood. The raw cacao powder is rich in antioxidants, EFAs along with other essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B and E, magnesium, calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium and manganese.
The liquid sweetener can be of your choosing. I did use Agave for this batch (I don't always) but you need to weigh up the high fructose content against the fact it is low glycemic sweetener; it's personal choice and I tend to regularly vary my ingredients. Maple syrup or honey would work just as well.
To make a big batch (you can half if you wish) take: 
8 oz pecans
10 oz medjool dates
3 tablespoons of cacao powder
2 tablespoons liquid sweetener 
Place nuts in a food processor and blend until they become crumbly. throw in the other ingredients and blend until it is well mixed and sticky. Place on a baking tray or silicon loaf tin and freeze until set (usually around 60 minutes). Store in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment