About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Friday 21 March 2014

Brussels sprouts chips

Image
Granted, brussel sprout chips may be a tad more fiddly to make than kale chips but I much prefer the taste so to me these are worth the extra effort. My children love them too.
To prepare chop the bottom of the sprout and gently peel off the leaves (chopping more off the bottom when you need to). I always save the centres for my next meal.
Wash the leaves well and place in a bowl and add your preferred choice of topping. Traditionally most people use olive oil and sea salt which is delicious, but I don't like to overheat olive oil so I use coconut oil and cumin. Give the leaves a good mix with your hands making sure they all are well coated and place in a thin layer on a tray.
Bake in a moderate oven for 7-10 minutes until they start to go brown (don't worry if some leave go brown, they won't have the bitterness of overcooked kale). Remove from heat and in a few minutes they turn crispy. Best eaten straight away.
Play around with different flavours and let me know what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment