About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Quit quitting

Image

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas Edison
The conversation around our dinner table last night was centred around Lent, something my youngest son had learnt about at school that day. "I don't know what to give up", he pondered. "I'm going to quit quitting", chipped in my teenage son in jest. My youngest son however thought this was a great idea. He went on to tell us about a project they were working on at school about inventors, specifically covering James Dyson, created of the Dyson vacuum. So I learnt last night that James made 5127 prototypes and had 14 years worth of debt before he created his vision.
Wow, I was blown away. I thought about some of the half started projects I have that I have deemed not to work and vowed to have another go. So in the words of my son I am going to have a little more faith and quit quitting before I have given things a really fair shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment