About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Head vs Heart




“If you want to become something, achieve something in life, then always listen to your heart.” Shahrukh Khan



I was recently interviewed by Aimee du Fresne as part of her Fearless Friday Interview series. She was quizzing me regarding a monumental move I had recently made. "Did you think it would be so hard" she asked?

"I didn't think at all", I perhaps, too honestly, blurted out.

There are generally two types of people. Those who make heart led decisions and those who rationalise, weigh up possible outcomes and think everything through meticulously.

Throughout my life I have always followed my heart without hesitation, I am extremely impulsive and rarely think of the potential consequences.

I have to be truthful and say this strategy hasn't always served me well.

However I know I am one of life's natural worries. If I stopped to really think things out properly I know I would never be brave enough to veer of whatever comfortable path I was on at the time. Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath, have faith everything will be ok and jump.

I know that even if things don't work out too well I can never regret any heart decision I have made. If I believe something will truly bring me joy (and to me that's what life is all about) I can't lament if it doesn't work. If I made head decisions and they went wrong I think I would kick myself for not foreseeing whatever the actual outcome was.

Of course life is all about balance and if you can find the middle ground between your head and heart and trust yourself implicitly you will never go far wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment