About Us

My photo
At The Happy Starfish we are dedicated to providing a wealth of information, products, workshops and articles all aimed at celebrating health, happiness and peaceful living. We believe that life should be an awesome adventure filled with love; love life and life will love you back. Are you willing to surrender what you think you are for what you could become? Are you ready?

Monday 28 July 2014

Chia seed puddings

Image
 
Chia seeds are insanely good for you. They come from the desert plant Salvia hispanics and are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein and minerals. Recent research suggest that regular consumption of chia may low cholesterol and blood pressure.
I sprinkle chia over my breakfast every day.
This chocolate chia dessert feels really indulgent and is really easy to make. Chia is very filling so I get 4 desserts out of this recipe.
To make a traditional chocolate chia pudding mix 1 1/4 cups of the milk of your choice (I use my homemade almond milk) with 1/4 cup chia seeds and 2 tablespoons cacao powder and 1 tablespoon of sweetener (I use agave nectar). Give it a good mix and place in the fridge for a minimum of an hour to set (extra yummy if you leave overnight). That will give you a dessert that looks like this: -
Image
 
However, some people do liken the texture to eating tadpoles! I like my dessert a little smoother and thicker so before eating I blend with a banana which will give you something that looks like this.
Image
I top mine with grated homemade chocolate.
If you wish you can omit the chocolate and add some vanilla bean paste. I love this version with chopped up fruit.
IMG_3159
Enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment